About the National Center for Transgender Equality
The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) is the nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people. As a national social justice organization, NCTE is devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through education, advocacy and collaboration on national issues of importance.
The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) seeks an Administrative and Development Assistant or Associate to help ensure the operational efficiency, fiscal health, and donor relationships of the organization by supporting the Executive/Administrative, Operations, and Development departments. This includes coordinating the Executive Director’s calendar and travel, maintaining the donor database, providing support for fundraising events and development projects, and assisting with finance and operations functions. The Administrative and Development Assistant or Associate reports to the Managing Director.
- Coordinate the Executive Director’s travel: intake speaking requests, update and manage the Executive Director’s calendar, facilitate and plan meetings, book travel and accommodations, liaise with representatives of partner organizations to ensure events and travel run effectively, efficiently, and professionally.
- Manage Executive Director’s email, including corresponding on behalf of Executive Director, when appropriate
- Provide other administrative and office support to the Executive Director.
- Serve as an important initial face of the organization providing helpful, friendly service to NCTE visitors, guests, donors, and callers.
- Assist with financial tasks: run remote deposits, credit card processing, support staff reimbursements.
- Support with conference call and webinar technologies.
- Assist in securing, maintaining, and organizing office supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Serve as initial contact with the public, answering and efficiently triaging phone calls to NCTE’s main line and emails to NCTE’s general inbox.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Provides friendly and helpful service to all NCTE donors and prospective donors.
- Maintain member and donor database, including but not limited to: entering new supporters and donations, cleaning and updating data and organizing records, crafting and pulling system reports.
- Prepare and format letters, memos, thank you notes, and documents.
- Research on prospective donors.
- Assists Development department and Communications department in engaging with donors.
- Supports work around funding proposals and grants.
- Coordinates with Development Department on Executive Director’s travel and scheduling.
- Provides logistical, administrative, event planning support to the Development Department.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Desire and demonstrated ability to create and maintain order within a fast-moving environment while ensuring consistent quality in work product.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, anticipate actions, and use creative means to complete tasks on a daily basis.
- Collaborative spirit and the ability to work as an integral part of multiple teams.
- Ability to quickly absorb and apply information, written and orally.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Experience with SALSA, strongly preferred.
- Commitment to full social justice and understanding of issues affecting transgender people.
- Working knowledge of and experience in racial and economic justice work.
- Spanish language ability is a plus.
NCTE will consider applicants within a range of experience and education levels.
NCTE is a rapid-paced social justice organization dedicated to advancing the equality of transgender people through advocacy, collaboration, and empowerment. A successful candidate will have the proven ability to do the following in a professional space:
- Self-motivated troubleshooter with exceptional resourcefulness and initiative.
- Thrive in rapid-paced environment while managing multiple projects and high email volume under consistently tight deadlines.
- Pivot and adapt to quickly shifting needs and priorities.
- Enthusiasm for non-profit Administrative, Operations and Development work as the backbone of an organization.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for the Administrative and Development Assistant or Associate is competitive for the non-profit sector and will be based in part upon a candidate’s experience and skills. NCTE offers a robust benefits package that includes fully-paid dental, vision and health insurance, pre-tax transit benefits, and an IRA match, in addition to federal holidays and ten paid vacation days in the first year of employment.
Application and Timeline
Please submit resume and cover letter (as a single PDF document, preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative and Development Assistant or Associate position.” Please apply quickly, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The National Center for Transgender Equality is an equal opportunity employer. NCTE is committed to creating a diverse staff made of people who are hard-working, kind, optimistic and committed to social justice, from all segments of transgender and allied communities.
Due to the high volume of interest we will be unable to interview all applicants, but all applicants will receive an acknowledgment of receipt of their application. If you do not receive an acknowledgement after one week, please email email@example.com to ensure your application was received.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.